Make your own free website on
Stirling engine process
« March 2018 »
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
View Profile
Tuesday, 4 May 2004
engine Summary
Approximatly 10 hours were spent on the building of this engine. This does not include time researching, and purchasing materials. This time was substantial.

Although non-working, the engine looks as it would when functional. A working stirling engine will be bought to complete the project.

Posted by hakuch at 11:54 PM EDT
Post Comment | Permalink
Many problems
There have been many problems with the engine.
The rubber diaphram did not stretch enough to allow the crank to fully spin. As well, there was not enough space for the crank to fully turn because the displacer ran out of room to move up and down.

Furthermore, the peice of metal that secured the displacer rod in place has continualy been detached, and had to be re-glued.

Becuase of these set backs, with permission, the engine will be brought in as a non-working model to get marks for the process. Hopefully, a kit can be bought to make up for the lack of a working engine.

Posted by hakuch at 11:49 PM EDT
Updated: Tuesday, 4 May 2004 11:51 PM EDT
Post Comment | Permalink
Saturday, 27 March 2004
got permission for images
For the planned website, I have asked certain comapnies for use of their images. I now have 1 great diagram and some information.

Links to both sites will be supplied on a seperate page of my site.

Posted by hakuch at 3:04 PM EST
Post Comment | Permalink
Sunday, 14 March 2004
Finishing this week
The entire project will be finished by the end of March.

originally the project was to include an presentation. However, this proved to be to much work. The contents to be handed in are the engine, a website, and a 500 word written response.

One major problem has been the epoxy. I should have used quick drying epoxy because the drying time of the normal epoxy has taken longer to dry, therefore preventing me from continuing.

The power diaphraghm, when glued to the pressure vessel, will probably interfere with the movement of the displacer within the pressure vessel. This will pose a problem becaus eof resistance.

when the fire box was screwed on to the base, the can broke. This was solved by using 2 different sized washers to secure the can to the wood.

Posted by hakuch at 5:21 PM EST
Post Comment | Permalink
Saturday, 7 February 2004
Progress is slow and steady
Today I have finished all the preperation of the engine. We are just waiting for the epoxy to dry. I have began the website and I will be going to the liberary soon to prepare for my essay and presentation. However, the model is my top priority. One error that occured was that I lost a 1/2 inch steel disk I made and I lost time when I had to re-build it. I hope to be finished with the engine and move on to other elements of the project shortly.

Posted by hakuch at 12:16 PM EST
Post Comment | Permalink
Monday, 24 November 2003
a bit late but good progress
I am a day late but on Sunday I began a work on the parts of my stirling engine.

We ( my dad and I ) started the displacer, pressure vessal, power box, and pressure vessel top as well as the crank and crank supports. I plan to finish the engine next weekend.

Posted by hakuch at 6:47 PM EST
Post Comment | Permalink
Sunday, 16 November 2003
Went shopping
Mood:  energetic
I went shopping to Home Depot to buy various parts for my engine. For example, epoxy glue, super glue, copper tubing, and aluminum coil. We're ( my Father and I ) ready to start building either next weekend or on one of the week-nights.



Posted by hakuch at 6:30 PM EST
Post Comment | Permalink

Newer | Latest | Older